Dave Baker Special Pricing at Pat Murphy Electric
Dave Baker listeners get 10% off any electrical work that costs up to $2000! Just mention Dave’s name when you call Pat Murphy Electric!
Have you had your home’s electrical system checked lately? There are many reasons to have it professionally inspected.
Items that come from the electronics store aren’t the only things in your home that need protection from electrical surges. Everyday appliances like your washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator contain circuit boards are also vulnerable. Imagine if one or more of these items were unusable due to an electrical surge. You and the rest of your family wouldn’t be very happy.
Where Do Surges Come From?
As your home ages its electrical system weakens, simply from wear and tear. And when you replace or add new appliances and electronics (think big – like refrigerators, washer/dryers, air conditioning units, big-screen TVs, computers), they can overload your system. Same goes if you’ve added on to your home. More space means more plugs, which means more strain on your system. You need to make sure that your electric system is prepared.
If it’s not, overloading can damage these increasingly sensitive (and expensive) appliances and electronics. Today, more and more heavy-duty appliances are built with sensitive circuity that let you get the best performance from them. An overload or surge can damage this circuitry, costing you hundreds, if not thousands, to repair or replace. And high-dollar electronics can be even more sensitive. Plus, your home’s overall system can also be damaged by an electrical overload.
A full inspection from Pat Murphy Electric will ensure that every component of your home’s electrical system is safe to use and in good working order. We’ll also check your electrical panel for looser wires, burnt or overloaded breakers, and other potential hazards.
- Inspections should happen every five years. Haven’t had one since 2011 or before? Call us.
- Hear popping or buzzing when you plug something in or flip a switch?
- Hear strange noises when your AC/heater comes on?
- Have some outlets that aren’t working?
We’ll also check to make sure your home’s safety equipment is up to date and working. We look at:
- Smoke detectors; fresh batteries, proper connections, proper number of them
- Carbon monoxide detectors; needed if there are gas appliances in the home, proper connections and placement
- Working GFI outlets in bathrooms and kitchens to protect you from shocks
- Outdoor floodlighting; clean and working sockets, LED bulbs, recessed can lighting
The professionals at Pat Murphy Electric can also provide you quotes on energy saving and home improvement ideas, too. All you have to do is ask!
Give you and your family peace of mind and call Pat Murphy today!